Collaboration with the Natural Park
From this it follows that, for the exemplary behavior of the owners of the Buddha through the last 90 years, the Natural Park, incidentally, has found the best environmental manager. The good relations ARGADEL SA maintained with the PNDE make the level of collaboration between the two entities is unbeatable, which explains the facilities for the development of research and performances in the territory for the conservation of habitat and biodiversity. Among the projects launched by the PNDE in Buda Island include the following:
- Placing nest boxes to facilitate breeding Autillo (Otus scops).
- Establishment of new breeding colonies Adouin Gull (Larus adouinii) on the island of Sant Antoni.
- Census of birds and fish in the drainage channels and the fishing Vincente.
- Biological control of rice pest rice borer (Chilo suppressalis) with biological control agents.
- Study population control pest red crab (Procambarus clarkii) using traps designed for this purpose.
- Study of migration and hibernation Bunting (Emberiza schoeniclus) in the Ebro delta
- Study of the impact of cultivation techniques of rice on associated fauna (amphibians, reptiles and fish).
- Placement of artificial nests to induce breeding Osprey (Pandion aliaetus) in the “Calaixos” Buda.
- Design and placement of nest boxes for bats and study of rare species Pipistrellus nathusii.
- Pest control lepidopteran Chilo suppressalis through bat populations on the island of Buda.
- Study of Lepidopters acting as bioindicators BMS system (Cast Me Butterfly Monitoring).
- Tracking insightful Morito breeding colonies (plegadis falcinellus) and white egret (Egretta alba), among many others.
ARGADEL, S.A. is interested by Wildlife Conservation keeps it open to all kinds of cooperation with institutions dedicated to the conservation of nature, which allows a horizon of prosperity unrepeatable.